Although timber is a beautiful natural material, it is also hygroscopic, which means it tends to expand and contract with changes in the moisture content.
Excessive moisture in the timber then leads to various problems, such as warping and cupping, as well as being more prone to fungal attack and ‘dry rot’.
Also, termites and borers like to eat wood, such as the timber framework in your house.
It’s also important to be aware that when exposed to the elements, timber needs to be protected from excessive moisture and UV radiation.
- Termite damage
- Fungal attack and decay, including ‘dry rot’
- Warping, cupping, swelling and cracking
EXAMPLES OF OUR SOLUTIONS
- Remove/repair the damaged timberwork and replace with treated timber
- Apply termite protection systems
- Implement moisture prevention solutions, such as applying flashings, sealants, membranes, etc.
- Apply new protective coatings to the timber