Remedial Building Works refers to the specialised type of rectification and corrective actions for buildings with defects, particularly involving significant structural and/or water ingress issues.
The proper and effective rectification of structural issues (which are often caused by water ingress and ongoing exposure to excessive moisture) is of paramount importance, as the structural integrity, stability, and possibly safety, of the building, or certain part of the building, such as a balcony, may be compromised and deteriorating.
It’s also very important to provide effective long-term solutions and rectification of various types of water ingress and dampness problems, in order to prevent water damage (to structure and property), dampness, rising damp, mould, mildew and excessive localised humidity, including resultant musky odours, as well as the associated health risks involved, such as due to inhalation of mould spores.
With over 22 years’ experience in some of the most challenging Remedial, Restoration, Alterations and Additions type residential building work projects in Sydney’s Inner West, Eastern Suburbs and North Shore areas, Mardini Constructions’ highly skilled team is strongly committed to providing a uniquely broad range of skills, as well as providing excellent, personalised customer service.
As part of our Remedial Building services, we firstly assess and determine the root cause of the problems that are adversely affecting your house, terrace or strata unit complex, prior to implementing the most suitable, effective and practical solutions, as well as to avoid reoccurrence of any undue problems.
Also, in utilising our extensive expertise in restoring, altering and rectifying many old and classical homes, including for Heritage-Listed homes, we have the capabilities to undertake high quality Restoration work for your home, in conjunction with Remedial work.
Our Remedial & Restoration building services include:
- Initial assessment & Remedial Works recommendations
- Repairs/replacement of damaged/cracked brickwork and façades
- Repairs/replacement of damaged concrete, including due to concrete cancer
- Repairs/replacement of damaged timber, including due to termites or dry rot
- Repairs/sealing/replacement of damaged windows & doors
- Replacement of lintel bars
- Underpinning of existing building structure
- Subfloor ventilation and water drainage
- Various structural repairs & upgrades
- Modifications to provided upgraded fire ratings & thermal/acoustic ratings
- Rectifying water ingress, rising damp and mould problems
- Weatherproofing, including waterproof membranes, flashings & sealing
- Repairs/replacement of damaged balconies, including re-tiling and balustrades
- Re-rendering walls, including repairs to existing render
- Painting and protective coatings
- Restoration Works, including custom/ornate carpentry and plasterwork
- Alterations & Additions, particularly for older or classical homes